Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Great Days Back


Today was a great first day back to school for all. At preschool today we played with Insta-Snow. That stuff is pretty fun. The kids loved putting there hands in it and drawing pictures. They could not believe it was cold just like the real stuff. We only had one little one try to taste it. Even after being told a thousand times not to taste it, it will not taste good. Luckily we sit there with them so he did not get to much in there. Bless his heart. We would rather take the little ones outside but this Kansas weather. It is just so cold. Not very fun to play in the snow. Maybe next time we will try giving them their own bowl of real snow. Surely it will last long enough for them to play in it for centers. The kids were all so excited to tell us what toy was their favorite they received. Feels good to be back.

So now I need to get back into the routine of being a working mommy. I got a little spoiled having those 2 weeks off. You would think that as your kids get older it would get easier but that is just not the case. I almost think it was easier when they were small. For dinner tonight I put a Turkey Chowder in the crock pot. I got the recipe from http://www.5dollardinners.com/. She has some great dinner ideas. I am also hoping to win one of her cookbooks. I bet it has a lot of great ideas in it. You should take a look at it. I thought I should use the turkey up. It has been in the freezer since Thanksgiving but I think I am ready for Turkey again. Thought we would have that and some homemade bread sticks. Those are the kids favorite.

Today, in my spare time I tried to think of a word that would sum up what I want for myself in 2010. I came up with the word Believe. I really need to Believe I can reach my goals, Believe we are raising the kids right, Believe in Gods way even though sometimes I want to go my way. (of course we know he is right). Believe I am making a difference at school when some days I wonder what they got out of today. Believe, Believe, Believe. What would your word be?

Hope you had a great Tuesday.

Crystal




No comments:

Post a Comment