Monday, May 14, 2012

Alyssa graduating from ESU

Our oldest daughter graduated from Emporia State University this weekend.  She received her Bachelor of Science degree in Sociology and a Minor in Crime and Delinquency.  Wow she is just so smart.

As soon as she came walking in I was crying.  I just could not control the tears.  After she sat down she sent me a text say, "stop crying".  Yes she was texting me during her graduation.  Gotta love her.  But I was just so proud.  I was going through in my mind all the struggles she went through and all the prayer and encouraging it took to get her here.  It was just an overwhelming and wonderful feeling seeing her sit there.  When she was done and I got to give her a big hug and all I could do was hug her and put my arms in the air and say YOU DID IT!!!! YOU DID IT!!!! As I sit here typing this I am still crying.  I always think I can never feel more proud of my children with each goal they accomplish but the feelings just get stronger and stronger with each accomplishment.  Well, here are a few pictures of her big day. 

                                            Her cap she decorated
 Commit to the Lord whatever you do and your plans will succeed.  Proverbs 16:3



Alyssa's brother and sister.  Ryan will be graduating college in a few years.
           I have 2 years to get my emotions back in check.

         Family party at her apartment.  Not bad for a college pad.


                                She made it and I am one proud momma.

Congratulations Alyssa.  Now for the next chapter in the wonderful life God has given you. 



4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness!
    How exciting!
    Congratulations Alyssa!
    Well done mom and dad- parents of a college graduate!
    Awesome- just awesome.
    God is so good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing photos of your daughter's college graduation. That is awesome! My daughter is studying for a Criminology degree. She will finish next year, online thru Liberty University. So they both have similar studies in some way. Hugs and I am sure you are proud. How many months til the wedding?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations to Alyssa! I can only imagine how your heart must have been full Crystal. My own daughter is supposed to graduate in December (she wants to complete her degree in Environmental Science a whole semester short) and I know I'm going to blubber all over the place. Its been a hard journey for her and harder still on me for worrying and trying to encourage and support her. I know that you shared some of my concerns with your own children. What a wonderful milestone!

    God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How exciting! Congrats to her and LOVE the cap and verse, it's a great one!

    ReplyDelete