Monday, June 6, 2011

Baptism

We finally found a church! A few weeks ago we joined and yesterday was a big day for Courtney. She was baptised at our local lake. It took us a bit to be where we are today with finding a church. Courtney had asked for months that we change churches and she knew of a good one.  She had heard so many good things about it.  I am not good with change so I did a lot of praying and finally decided to take the leap. My husband had been waiting for 2 years for me to make this change. I know 2 years is a long time. I told you I don't do change well. I wanted to show you the video of her being baptised but try as I might I could not get it to upload. :( But here are a few pictures I took.



Pastor Kirk just finished telling her what a leader she is by helping to lead her family here and to where we are today. 

Saying a prayer

Look at her little smile.  I know she is so happy
                         

Big sister and brother with her on her special day.

Dad and daughter.  Not sure what was being said but I know he is one proud daddy.

After her baptism we went home and had a favorite summer time meal of Courts, taco salad and chocolate milk shakes.  Yum.  It was a wonderful day of celebration.  Something we will always remember. 

Blessings

Crystal




3 comments:

  1. Congrats!!

    My kids were all baptized in a local creek and they remember it fondly, as do I.

    Thanks for stopping by :)

    I have been MIA lately and who knows I may get back to the regular or at least semi-regular blogging :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so neat. I remember you saying something about looking for a church awhile ago. I hope you are able to grow and enjoy your new ministry opportunities!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful day! How incredible of you to share such a special moment with us!

    ReplyDelete