Friday, March 12, 2010

Being Nice

I have been so sick. So I have not written any thing for a while. But there has been something on my mind. A few weeks ago Alyssa was at Wal-Mart in Emporia and she said as she was walking out she saw an older gentlemen looking around like he was looking for his car. She went ahead and got in her car, pulled out and saw the man still circling the parking lot. She said she pulled her car over got out and asked the gentleman if she could help him. He said he could not find his car so she said well tell me what color and kind of car you have and we will find it. He told her and they found the car together.



As I thought about the story she told me my heart filled with joy. I was so proud of her. One for being a college kid aware of her surroundings in this crazy world. Two for taking the time to help a stranger when she was clearly on her way to leave. I live in a small town and walk to work everyday and I can not tell you how many people in their cars will not even stop to let me cross the street. They keep going like they don't even see me. Anyhow, how would you react in that situation? Are you to busy to notice your surroundings and the people in it. I know I am very guilty of that. My daughter has taught me a lesson. I thank God everyday for the wonderful child he has given me.



Crystal



2 comments:

  1. See constantly learning from our children!You are so blessed!We should all learn from her act of kindness!Marla

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this story about your daughter's kindness. God has spoke to my heart many times and has said 'Pay attention to the fine details.' That is where we find Him in peace and quiet and in the details. (Be still and know that I am God.') It is so easy isn't it to get caught up in all the anxiety and fast pace of this world? I guess that is one of the reasons I love my quiet, reflecting, thankful times with Him. He truly is ALL that we need and the 'joy of the Lord is our strength'.
    You raised a very caring daughter and I see why her act of kindness filled your heart with joy. I have 3 adult children with their spouses and 2 grand-daughters. They all are a treasure from God and I am thankful every day for each and every one of them. Be blessed. :D

    ReplyDelete