Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Snow Day Number 5 this winter

Hello All

We are on another snow day today.  That makes 5 so far this winter.  I am so enjoying my time at home.  I have cleaned a bit, layed around a bit, read a bit, played Just Dance with my daughter.  I am a terrible dancer.  But it has been nice to be at home.  We have been busy with Courtney and volleyball on the weekends.  It is such a joy to watch her play volleyball just as it was to watch Alyssa dance and Ryan play football and basketball.  I just love to watch the talents God has given to each of our kids.  I would love to show pictures but all the pictures have other kids in them and I don't know that those parents want their kids face on a blog.  So at her next tournament I will try to do a better job of just getting her. 



I am still really enjoying my devotion time with the study of James.  I am leaning so much and getting to know the ladies in my group.  So far I think James 22 is my favorite and a great reminder.  Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves.  Do what it says.  I know I am so guilty of that.  I know what the Bible says but I don't always do what I am suppose to even when I have that feeling in my gut I should not be doing this, or watching this, or saying this.  I hope you have a few minutes to spend in Gods word everyday.  I know when my kids were little it was so hard.  Sometimes I would lay down with them at nap time and while I tried to get them to sleep I would do my devotions.  It was not a perfect situation but it was quite time with the Lord and I know it made God happy. 

I am also participating in the Be My Valentine Marriage Challenge you can find it here.  My sweet, hard working husband deserves the best so I am going to show him that.  I feel as the kids were growing he was always put on the back burner.  Not on purpose of course it just happens.  He has never once complained or said a word about it.  That tells you what a wonderful man he really is.  So I am hopeing to have fun with this challege.

My husband gave me this quize yesterday.

3 comments:

  1. Enjoy some snow for me as we've not had any this year. There's so much of the states that are hit right now...wow...amazing and hope everybody does ok. I am doing a Bible study with a girlfriend Be Faithful and books studied are 1-2 Timothy, Titus and Philemon. Love it! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! I'm blog hopping and found your blog. Am now following! Would love for you to check out my blog and follow back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We had 4 snow days here in Texas!!! Crazy weather we are having, but I have enjoyed my time with my little ones as well. :) So glad to read you are enjoying your Good Morning Girls group! Verse 22 is one of my favorites too! Thanks so much for participating in this week's link-up!:)

    Love God Greatly!
    -Angela

    ReplyDelete